Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Power Plant going on!

Hi everyone,

Power Plant is in town and we have a team of 6 people from Toronto. Many thanks to Carlos, Suzie, Diana, Johny, Manuela and Willis. To top it off we got a young 13 year old gal who joined us yesterday. She is the niece of the lady who babysat my own kids so I could participate on day of blitz - let's call her J.

The afternoon started good and we were going door to door in the neighborhood where we have church. We talked to some people - some surprised by the bibles giveaway and others not interested whatsoever. One guy even said to me "A church and tecno music - God help us..." I think he couldn't believe it and couldn't see how it would work. So I told him it worked and people needed different ways of worshipping God. He didn't seemed convinced. Oh well.

However, I personally went to talk to 4 young adults and asked them if any of them knew techno music or electronic music. Turns out that one of the girls did. So I gave her an invitation for the Rave on September 13th. She was quite excited about it. Ended up giving a card to the four of them... Sweet!

I even prayed for a young woman who was looking for an appartment. I asked God to give her something that would be beyond her own expectations. She laughed at this but I would be curious to see if she comes back to H.E.A.T. one Saturday to tell me about her new appartment.

Others had similar experiences. J - the young 13 year old who came - was amazing. When we got back home she immediately asked her aunt if she could come back again the next day. She is going this afternoon with the rest of the group and my 7th year old son. He is looking forward to it and is quite excited about it too! It's so nice to see the younger generation being excited about God. It's so refreshing.

Day 2 is today. They will blitz the area some more and try to talk to more people.

Out of the 2000 bibles we had to give away, there is already about 650 gone.

Please continue to pray for the neighbourhood and the power plant crew!

No comments: