Monday, March 31, 2008

H.E.A.T. Worship House Commission

Yesterday, March 30th, H.E.A.T. Worship House was commissioned by Sequoia Community Church. Our services will start on April 12th - every two weeks for three months and then weekly.

Sequoia blessed us by putting techno music at the beginning and the end of the service. Rob spoke about the history of H.E.A.T. - from 15 years ago until now... Many liked to know all the background story of H.E.A.T.!

Our H.E.A.T. team was with us. How bless we are to have this group of people with us! Yes we are leaving a family behind but already we have another one. Personally, I will miss my friends at Sequoia - not seeing them every week and I sure hope that we will stay in contact somehow.

As I was listening to my husband - now Pastor Rob - speaking yesterday I realized that our timing is definitively not God's timing. 15 years it took for H.E.A.T. to start. 15 years of ups and downs for my husband - not feeling he was productive enough for the Lord. Me? Well at first I thought this was Rob's dream, Rob's calling... Took me a while to appreciate the music... Between you and me, it is not my style but slowly and surely God worked in my heart and my taste of music is expanding! I love the group we are working with - Rachelle, Tyler, Candace, Anne, James... I wouldn't want trade it for anything in the world.

After the service, Pastor Rick asked the H.E.A.T. team to come forward as well as the base coach team leaders and they prayed with us to send us our way.

Also yesterday evening, Dan Woods came over to our house to explain how the sounds equipment is working - more specifically the sound mixer.

Next week-end, the team is going to an healing ministry and learn how to pray for healing. Then the week-end after that - our first service... Really it's just around the corner. Exciting!

NOTE: For illustrating the birth of H.E.A.T. we asked pastor Rick to become pregnant and give birth on stage. He willingly did it! So he had a pillow dressed in the H.E.A.T. t-shirt under his clothing and gave birth to the new church. It was great and I think the congregation love it. A friend took pictures of the commission and I soon as we have them I will post them.

No comments: